Great Day Kitchen, 2/2/17 - Big Game Appetizers
Cookbook Author and Chef, Jill Silverman Hough, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious appetizers for the Big Game on Sunday.
Click here to visit Jill's official website.
Click here to follow on Facebook.
Find more recipes at ilovelindsay.com.
Game Day Nachos
- 1 14-oz bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1/2 pound Mexican-style chorizo
- 1/2 pound Colby Jack cheese, grated (about 3 cups), or a mix of cheddar and Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Hot Sliced Jalapeño Peppers
- 1 (2.25 oz.) can Sliced Ripe Olives
- Serve with: Hot Chili Peppers, guacamole or chopped avocado, chopped red onion, sour cream, salsa or hot sauce
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring to break the meat into very fine crumbles. When the chorizo is cooked through, but not yet browned, remove from heat and set aside.
Arrange a layer of tortilla chips in the bottom of an oven-proof skillet or baking pan. Sprinkle half of the grated cheese over the top of chips. Scatter half of the chorizo, half of the Hot Sliced Jalapeño Peppers, and half of the Sliced Olives over the cheese. Add another layer of chips, cheese, and toppings.
Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and garnish with your choice of toppings: Hot Chili Peppers, guacamole or chopped avocado, chopped red onion, sour cream, and your favorite salsa.
Baked Potato Skins with Olives and Feta
- 6 medium russet potatoes, baked, cooled 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
Heat oven to 400°F.
Cut cooled baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out inner part of potatoes, leaving a 1/2 inch rim.
Brush butter over all sides of potato skins; place cut sides down on baking sheet.
Bake 6 minutes.
Turn and continue baking until golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine cheese, olives and tomato.
Spoon mixture into potato skins; return to oven and heat until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.