Chef Hillori's Herb Frittata/Berry Acai Bowl
FRESNO, Calif. (FOX26) —
Chef Hillori: Onion, Potato, Herb Frittata (Part 2)
Chef Hillori: Super Berry Acai Bowls (Part 2)
Chef Hillori: Super Berry Acai Bowls (Part 1)
Chef Hillori Hansen, from Whole Foods, located in Fresno, visited the Great Day Kitchen to prepare some delicious food.
Spring Onion, Potato and Herb Frittata
- 1 – 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dozen eggs
- ½ cup plain yogurt (full or low fat)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ - ½ cups dill, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bunch spring green onion, chopped
- 1 large shallot, sliced
- 2 clove garlic,
- 2 – 3 cups cooked red potato, sliced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper and fresh herbs. Set aside.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron or oven proof skillet and add 2 tablespoons of butter. Completely coat the bottom and sides of the skillet.
- Add spring onion and shallot and let soften for about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in cooked potato and pour in the egg mixture over the potato, spreading out evenly.
- Cook for about 12 – 15 minutes or until eggs are barely set and a little loose on top.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the egg frittata and place under the broiler oven for 2 – 5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly, then cut into wedges and serve.
Note: You can add different veggies, herbs and cheese for a completely different flavor.
Super Berry Acai Bowls
- 1 ½ cups frozen berry blend (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry)
- ½ cup Vanilla or Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 banana, frozen chopped into pieces
- 1 frozen packet of Acai puree (100 grams) or 1 Tablespoon Freeze Dried Acai Powder
- 1 cup cherry or pomegranate juice
- Assorted toppings: ground flax seeds, chia seeds, fresh fruit, granola, dried coconut, almonds
- Honey drizzle
- In a blender combine berries, yogurt, acai, frozen banana, cherry or pomegranate juice and blend thoroughly until smooth and thick enough to eat out of a bowl.
- Pour into two bowls and arrange the toppings over your smoothie bowl and serve.