No longer in the dark - the power is back on for some downtown Fresno families living without electricity for the past eight days.
A KMPH News crew tracked down the owner and alerted the city of Fresno when nothing was being done.
It's a story we've been following all week.
"I'm grateful that they helped out. And helped get us power again. And now I'm going to have a lot to be thankful for now," said 10-year-old Theresa Couch. She is thankful for strangers who stepped in to help.
From the city of Fresno building permit and community revitalization workers who expedited the inspection and permit process, to the property owner's rep who brought food and space heaters, since a fire last Tuesday, the families suffered through a long, rough week.
Mom Thereisa Couch is excited to turn on her TV set.
"Watch TV. I don't watch a whole lot of it anyway, but you don't realize how much you miss electricity until you don't have it for a while," said couch.
She called KMPH Monday because she couldn't reach the property owner for help, and didn't know where else to turn.
We tracked down the owner's rep and Tuesday night, he brought a generator and food.
The day after we brought the situation to Fresno city officials, a construction contractor made repairs and building inspectors did their part.
"Today the city inspected the electrical system for reconnection and approved it," said Richard Salinas, Fresno Senior Community Revitalization specialist.
And that's what PG&E needed to restore electricity, just in time for Thanksgiving.
"I'm really happy because we have power again. It's not going to be so dark and we won't have to use candles anymore," said Briana.
The apartment complex has not been cleared yet to turn the gas lines back on, so people who live there still can't take hot showers. But contractors and the city hope that will get fixed by Monday.
Reps with the Fresno Housing Authority also stopped by the complex Wednesday, and put the Couch family at a motel for a week, so they'll have a place to take hot showers.
They're also providing housing assistance to the woman whose unit was burned.