81
      Friday
      111 / 77
      Saturday
      104 / 74
      Sunday
      103 / 71

      Fire Damages Southeast Fresno Restaurant

      A fire that started in the kitchen of a southeast Fresno restaurant on Thursday morning caused extensive damage, authorities said.

      Lao Vieng Oriental Restaurant on east Olive Street will be closed for some time after food that was left on a hot stove sparked a fire around 6:51 a.m., the Fresno Fire Department said.

      The kitchen had a working sprinklers and vent system that had recently been serviced, however the fire melted the mounting hardware which caused the hood to fail, the fire department said.

      The failure of the vent prevented the sprinkler system water from reaching the fire.

      The restaurant had extensive damage to the kitchen and attic space. The fire caused about $50,000 in damages, the fire department said.

      There were no injuries reported. The restaurant had extensive damage to the kitchen and attic space.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER