87
      Saturday
      93 / 64
      Sunday
      96 / 65
      Monday
      98 / 68

      Families Recover After Lemoore Apartment Fire

      ?

      Stephanie Hahn sat in disbelief Monday afternoon, outside of what had been her home, Unit 21, at the Tanglewood Apartments in Lemoore.

      "I just said oh my god, there goes my whole life," says Stephanie Hahn.

      It was just over 24 hours ago that after a fire tore ripped through more than a dozen units.

      "We were all sleeping woke up to pounding on the door. Evacuate immediately, there's a fire. I picked my kids up, with the clothes on my back. My kids were in their underwear," she says.

      Hahn lived downstairs.

      Her apartment was spared damage from flames, but not water.

      She was allowed to return into her apartment for about an hour Monday.

      She grabbed her two children's mattresses, some furniture, clothes, and non- perishable food items.

      While she had some things, her upstairs neighbors weren't as lucky.

      To make matters worse, they are in the military, on deployment.

      But thanks to the help of others, they'll soon have some help.

      People dropped off clothes, diapers, and food.

      "My little is a lot to someone else," says one man who stopped by.

      Logan Tak lives across the walkway from the devastation.

      "I've offered the family across from me diapers. They got an 18 month old, same as my son," he says.

      But not all the news from the fire has been bad.

      Hahn made an amazing discovery in her coat closet.

      A plastic bag, that was not damaged.

      Inside?

      Her cap and gown.

      She will be graduating from West Hills College on Thursday.

      "It doesn't smell like smoke!" she said.

      Even if it did?

      "I would have still worn it," she says.

      To help the families affected by this apartment fire, you can contact Lemoore Christian Aid at (559) 924-2229.

      Stephanie Hahn sat in disbelief Monday afternoon, outside of what had been her home, Unit 21, at the Tanglewood Apartments in Lemoore.

      "I just said, 'Oh my God, there goes my whole life,"" says Stephanie Hahn.

      It was just over 24 hours ago that after a fire ripped through more than a dozen units.

      "We were all sleeping woke up to pounding on the door. Evacuate immediately, there's a fire. I picked my kids up, with the clothes on my back. My kids were in their underwear," she says.

      Hahn lived downstairs with her boyfriend and two children.

      Her apartment was spared damage from flames, but not water.

      She was allowed to return into her apartment for about an hour Monday.

      She grabbed her children's mattresses, some furniture, clothes, and non- perishable food items.

      But her upstairs neighbors weren't as lucky. Nothing could be saved.

      To make matters worse, they are in the military, on deployment.

      But thanks to the help of the community, Hahn and others{}are getting back on their feet.

      People dropped off clothes, diapers, and food.

      "My little is a lot to someone else," says one man who stopped by.

      Logan Tak lives across the walkway from the devastation.

      "I've offered the family across from me diapers. They got an 18 month old, same as my son," he says. Tak owns a nearby donut shop, and even delivered some food to firefighters Sunday.

      Hahn says she's now focused on finding a new place to live-- and can't wait until Thursday, when a new chapter begins in her life. She reached for a plastic bag, that was not damaged in the fire.

      Inside? Her cap and gown.

      She will be graduating from West Hills College.

      "It doesn't smell like smoke!" she said.

      Even if it did?

      "I would have still worn it," she says.

      To help the families affected by this apartment fire, you can contact Lemoore Christian Aid at (559) 924-2229.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER