A Fresno family of nine was able to escape an early morning fire all thanks to the youngest member.
Fresno firefighters were called to the home on Rialto, near the intersection of Maple and Gettysburg, around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
The homeowner told crews he smelled what he thought was an electrical fire for several days, but he did not find anything.
Then, early Thursday morning, a baby in the home started crying, alerting the family to the fire.
The baby was treated for smoke inhalation but is expected to be okay.
Crews were able to put out the fire within an hour.
There were smoke detectors in the home, but the batteries were not working.
The Red Cross was called in to help the family.