Smoke damage from a Clovis apartment blaze Thursday afternoon has displaced four people, the Clovis Fire Department said.
The fire at a single story, six-unit complex at 2800 Willow Avenue was reported by a neighbor at 1:20 p.m.
Heavy smoke was coming from the complex when crews arrived, the fire department said.
The fire extended into a shared attic space above the apartments, but was put out before it moved to the living space below, the fire department said.
Fire officials said the fire may have originated in a water heater closet on the porch.
Preliminary estimates place damages to the complex at $300,000 including personal belongings, the fire department said.