Koby Johns with the Fresno Fire Department demonstrated what can go wrong when deep frying turkey for Thanksgiving.Clayton Clark from KMPH Great Day 26 spent the morning with firefighters talking about the many mistakes people make that result in kitchen fires.Koby Johns says kitchen fires are the most common cause of fires in the home and November is the busiest month of the year because of holiday cooking.Johns also says the number one cause of kitchen fires is leaving food unattended on the stove, which is turned into a larger problem when you try to extinguish it with water. "The instinctive thing you need to go to is a fire extinguisher or the lid. Absolutely water is what you don't want to do," said Johns. "Turn the heat off with the lid on and then call 911 But like last night, we went to one where someone got burned. They tried to take the pan out and actually ended up burning themselves."Make sure you have a working fire extinguisher handy. Keeping it under the sink is recommended. Also make sure your smoke alarms are working and batteries are fresh. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving.